The best way to prevent postoperative complications is to understand what you can do, or refrain from doing, to facilitate… Read More
Who is a Good Candidate for Breast Augmentation?
- Patients who have small, uneven or asymmetric breasts.
- Patients who have slightly sagging or deflated breasts.
- Patients whose breasts are out of proportion to the rest of the body.
- Patients who desire a better fit in clothing and a more sensual body image.
General anesthesia is used and the procedure takes about One hour. Incisions can be placed either in the armpit, around the nipple or areolae, or in the lower breast crease. The nipples and areolae usually enlarge in proportion to the increased breast size. The space is made exactly in the right place and position to correspond to the exact type of implant. A careful exam of the breast tissue is undertaken to make sure no abnormalities are present. Temporary breast implant sizers are inserted in the space and inflated to the correct volume and adjustments are made, then the appropriate permanent implant is inserted. The only dressing is gauze and tape. No drains.
The Recovery After Breast Augmentation
- You can go home from the surgery center recovery room after an hour or two in the company of an adult who will look after you for the first few days after your cosmetic surgery.
- You will have gauze pads on the incisions immediately after the breast augmentation surgery.
- You can shower on the first day after surgery.
- Most patients experience moderate pain for the first two days that is mostly gone by the third day and easily controlled by the medications prescribed by Dr. Sukkar.
- You may experience swelling that is mild to moderate and mild bruising for the first week. This rapidly disappears in the weeks following the breast augmentation surgery.
- Typically, the breast implants appear high on the chest for the first three weeks after the breast enhancement surgery before they settle into a normal position and contour.
- You can resume many activities within the first week, and most by the third week.
- Your sutures may need to be removed at seven to ten days.
- You may need to be off of work for five to seven days, but often patients take off less time.
The Result From Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Enlarged breasts that appear full and balanced.
- Very natural result that just improves with time.
- Softness and natural bounce that persists.
Featured Breast Augmentation Photos
Schedule Your Consultation Today
Sam M Sukkar, MD will be happy to meet with you and discuss your goals for breast augmentation with implants. During your consultation, Dr. Sukkar will help you decide which sizes and types of implants will be best for your needs, and address any questions or concerns you may have. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.