Breast Revision Surgery
Who is a Good Candidate for Breast Revision Surgery?
- Breast augmentation patients who desire larger or smaller implants
- Breast augmentation patients who wish to change the shape of their implants
- Breast augmentation patients who have experienced complications such as capsular contracture or whose implants have shifted, ruptured, or deflated
- Breast augmentation patients who wish to have their saline implants replaced with silicone implants
- Breast revision surgery is performed under general anesthesia.
- Surgery generally takes one to two hours to complete.
- The patient’s implants will be removed and new implants will be placed.
- The scar tissue will be removed for patients with capsular contracture.
The Recovery after Breast Revision Surgery
- The patient may need to stay under observation for up to 24 hours.
- Two to three days of bed rest is usually necessary.
- Most patients are able to return to work within one to two weeks.
- Exercise and strenuous activities should be avoided for four to six weeks after surgery.
Results of Breast Revision Surgery
- Complications from the patient’s original breast augmentation procedure are eliminated.
- Results are more natural-looking for patients who have saline implants replaced with silicone implants
- The size and shape of the implants are changed to meet patients’ goals.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
Sam M Sukkar, MD will be happy to meet with you and discuss your goals for breast revision surgery. During your consultation, Dr. Sukkar address any questions or concerns you may have. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.