Chin Augmentation (Genioplasty)
Whi is a Good Candidate for Chin Augmentation?
- Patients who are self conscious about their recessive chin.
- Patients whose chin appears out of balance with the rest of their face.
- Patients with a small or narrow chin.
- Local or general anesthesia can be used and it takes about one to two hours.
- The appropriate sized implant is placed over the jawbone through an incision either under your chin or in your mouth.
- This can be combined with the nose reshaping to bring better balance to your facial features.
The Recovery After Chin Augmentation
- You can go home after several hours.
- You can shower on the day after surgery.
- Minimal pain that is mostly gone by the second or third day and easily controlled by medications.
- Swelling is mild to moderate for the first week, and rapidly disappears thereafter.
- Bruising around the chin and neck which is most at two days then disappears rapidly by seven to ten days.
- It is normal to experience some temporary difficulty smiling and talking for a few days.
- You may feel comfortable to appear in public after one week.
- Resume many activities within the first week, and most by at least three weeks.
- Stitches removed between seven and ten days.
- Off of work for one to two days.
The Result From a Chin Augmentation
- Better balance of the facial features.
- Widened chin with improved profile.
- Improved look.
Featured Patient Photos
Click here to see our Chin Augmentation Before and After Photos.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
During your consultation, Sam M. Sukkar, MD will be happy to address any questions that you may have. Contact us today.
Dr. Sukkar’s office in Houston, Texas is conveniently located near the following: