Face & Neck Liposuction
Who is a Good Candidate for Face & Neck Liposculpture?
- Patients who desire a more youthful appearance.
- Patients with excess fat in the neck and jowls (turkey neck). Sometimes in the cheeks as well.
- Patients with big thick neck, hanging jowls, and fat look to the face and neck.
- Anesthesia can be completely local or local with sedation, or a very light general.
- The procedure takes about 30-60 minutes.
- The incisions are about 1/16th of an inch and under the chin and behind each earlobe.
- The procedure involves placing a dilute (tumescent) lidocaine solution into the fatty areas and waiting about 30 minutes for this to take a nice effect. This advanced anesthetic technique virtually eliminates any pain during the procedure, Post-operative pain, or bruising.
- Small instruments connected to suction are then used to vacuum out the fat carefully and artistically.
- No drains are used.
- A light dressing and a gentle compression garment is recommended for two days but not mandatory.
- This can be combined with other plastic surgical procedures.
The Recovery After Face & Neck Liposulpture
- Virtually immediate return to almost all activity without restriction. I have had patients return to work the same day.
- You can shower the next day.
- There is only minimal discomfort and almost no pain. If present, it is easily controlled by medications.
- Swelling is mild to moderate and peaks at two to three days then disappears rapidly over the next three weeks.
- No grogginess or loss of energy is experienced.
- Makeup can be applied as early as the next day.
- The stitches are removed at three days.
- Usually no time off work is necessary.
The Result From Face & Neck Liposulpture
- Beautiful, balanced and proportioned contour that is immediately seen and only gets better.
- More confident and comfortable with your appearance.
- Lasts the rest of your life especially if you maintain your weight and always looks better than if you didn’t do it.
- If you gain weight, you do not gain much in the treated areas.
Featured Patient Photos
Click here to see our Face & Neck Liposuction Before and After photos.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
During your consultation, Sam M. Sukkar, MD will be happy to address any questions that you may have. Contact us today.
Dr. Sukkar’s office in Houston, Texas is conveniently located near the following: