Who is a Candidate for a Tummy Tuck?
- Features that result from pregnancy or large weight losses.
- Excess skin folds of the abdomen.
- Unsightly stretch marks or previous incisions that you would like removed.
- Excess fatty accumulation in the abdomen.
- A bulge and protuberance in the lower abdomen that comes from weakened ligaments.
- Weakened abdominal muscles.
- Anesthesia is used and it takes about three hours.
- A bikini incision is made that is hidden low on the abdomen, concealed by even very revealing garments.
- Excess skin and fat is removed.
- The belly button is preserved and looks very natural and youthful.
- The internal ligaments and muscles are tightened and firmed.
- There are no dressings or garments.
- Through the same abdominoplasty incision, prominent lower ribs can be contoured or breast implants placed.
- This can be combined with other surgeries such as liposuction or hysterectomy.
The Recovery After a Tummy Tuck
- You can go home after several hours or stay overnight.
- Drains are used for several days.
- You can shower on the second day after surgery.
- Moderate pain for the first two days that is much less by the third day and easily controlled by medications. It is easy to walk and ambulate.
- You will feel very groggy for the first two days and weak for about ten days.
- Swelling is mild to moderate for the first week after which it rapidly disappears. Some swelling lingers low down near the incision for several months.
- Usually only very mild or no bruising.
- Resume many activities after the first week, and most by at least three weeks.
- Very few stitches to remove, they are mostly dissolvable.
- Off of work for seven to fourteen days.
- An injection of the local anesthetic EXPAREL® is administered to treat pain in the abdomen for up to 72 hours post-surgery.
The Result from a Tummy Tuck
- Firmer, flatter, more contoured, and tighter abdomen.
- Better fit in clothing and the ability to wear smaller sizes.
- Very natural result that just gets better in time.
- Natural and presentable appearance after the first week that just gets better over the next three to six months.
Featured Tummy Tuck Photos
Schedule Your Consultation Today
Sam M Sukkar, MD will be happy to meet with you and discuss your goals. During your consultation, Dr. Sukkar will address any questions or concerns you may have. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.