Brow Lift (Forehead Lift)
Who is a Good Candidate for a Brown Lift?
- People who say they look older than they feel or appear angry or tired.
- Patients who have wrinkle lines across the forehead from holding the eyebrows up to see better.
- Patients with deep furrow lines between the eyebrows.
- Patients with sagging or drooping eyebrows that create hooding on the upper eyelids.
The Result the Endoscopic (Minimal Incision) Procedure
- Three to four small incisions are made in the hairline. A camera (endoscope) is inserted that allows Dr. Sukkar to remove a portion of the muscle and to lift and tighten the forehead and brow.
- Local or general anesthesia can be used and it takes about one hour.
- This can be combined with the eyelift or facelift.
The Recovery After a Brow Lift
- You can go home after several hours.
- You can shower on the second day after surgery.
- No drains are used.
- Minimal pain that is mostly gone by the second or third day and easily controlled by medications.
- Swelling is mild to moderate for the first week, and rapidly disappears thereafter.
- Minimal bruising of the forehead, eyes, and cheeks which is most at two days then disappears rapidly by three to five days.
- You can apply make-up in three to four days and comfortably appear in public at that time.
- Resume many activities within the first week, and most by three weeks.
- Stitches removed at seven days.
- Off of work for three to seven days.
The Result From a Brow Lift
- Natural, more rested and younger appearance.
- Better vision and no more heaviness to the eyelids.
- Return of the eyebrows to an elevated more natural position.
- Lasts several years, and always looks better than if you did not have surgery.
- Natural and presentable appearance in the first week that continues to improve over the next three to six months.
Featured Patient Photos
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you are experiencing wrinkles, drooping, and furrowing in the area of the brow and forehead, a brow lift may be the best plastic surgery option for your needs. During your consultation, Sam M. Sukkar, MD will be happy to address any questions that you may have. Contact us today.