Eye Lid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
Who is a Good Candidate for Eyelid Surgery?
- Patients who receive comments from others that they appear sad, tired or old.
- Patients with excess skin with hooding of the upper lids.
- Patients who cannot easily apply makeup to the upper eyelids.
- Patients with excess skin, wrinkles, bags or puffiness to the lower eyelids.
- Patients who have drooping look to the corners of the eyes.
- Patients who have difficulty with their vision when looking upward.
- Local or general anesthesia can be used and it takes about two to three hours for both eyes.
- In the upper eyelid an incision is made in the natural crease, excess skin and fat are removed.
- In the lower eyelid the incision is made below the eyelashes or below the inside edge of the eyelid. Excess skin and fat are removed.
- The muscles are tightened or lifted.
- This can be combined with the facelift or forehead lift.
The Recovery After Eyelid Surgery
- You can go home after several hours.
- You can shower on the second day after surgery.
- Minimal pain that is mostly gone by the second or third day and easily controlled by medications.
- Swelling is mild to moderate for the first week, and rapidly disappears thereafter.
- Minimal bruising which is at its maximum at two days then disappears rapidly by seven to ten days.
- You are able to apply make-up in three to four days and comfortably appear in public at that time.
- Resume many activities within the first week, and most by at least three weeks.
- Some stitches removed at four days and the rest between seven and ten days.
- Off of work for three to four days.
The Result From Eyelid Surgery
- Very natural, rested and younger appearance.
- Better vision and no more heaviness or discomfort to the eyelids.
- Lasts for a long time, and always looks better than if you did not have surgery.
- Natural and presentable appearance in the first week that continues to improve over the next three to six months.
Featured Patient Photos
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you’d like to get rid of tell-tale signs of exhaustion, aging, and stress around the eyes, please contact our skilled plastic surgeon, Sam M. Sukkar, MD for an eyelid surgery consultation. Dr. Sukkar can give you a more refreshed, youthful look with results that do not give away the fact that you’ve had plastic surgery.Contact us today.