Dr Sukkar has a variety of techniques to lift and rejuvenate your breasts. He will pick the method that will optimize your result and give your new breasts the best shape possible.
Who is a Good Candidate for a Breast Lift?
- Sagging breasts with loose skin.
- Nipples are usually below the breast crease.
- Loss of breast volume and loss of elasticity to the skin.
- Large nipples and areolae.
- Desire for a more youthful appearance of the breasts.
- General anesthesia can be used and it takes about three hours.
- Incisions depend on the size and contour of the breast but are very inconspicuous. They can often be placed only around the areolae or in the lower breast crease.
- A careful exam of the breast tissue is undertaken to make sure no abnormalities are present.
- Excess skin is removed and the breast gland is tucked and lifted to a higher position on the chest wall.
- The nipples are elevated to a higher position and sometimes reduced in diameter.
- If a lift and more size is desired, an implant can be added at the same time.
- The only dressing is a surgical bra.
- No drains are used.
- This can be combined with other surgeries.
The Recovery After a Breast Lift
- You can go home after several hours.
- You can shower on the second day after surgery.
- Mild pain for the first two days and easily controlled by medications. Most of the pain is gone by the third day.
- You will feel very groggy for the first two days and weak for about ten days.
- Swelling is mild to moderate for the first week after which it rapidly disappears.
- Usually only very mild or no bruising.
- Breasts are square shaped for the first three weeks then settle into a very normal rounded position.
- Resume many activities within the first week, and most by at least three weeks.
- Only a few stitches to remove, most of them are dissolvable.
- Off of work for five to seven days.
The Result from a Breast Lift
- Elevated, full, with beautiful size and shape of the breasts.
- Very natural result that gets better with time.
- Softness and natural bounce that persists.
- Natural and presentable appearance right away that just gets better over the next three to six months.
Featured Breast Lift Photos
Schedule Your Consultation Today
Sam M Sukkar, MD will be happy to meet with you and discuss your goals for breast lift. During your consultation, Dr. Sukkar will help you decide if breast lift or breast lift with implants will be best for your needs, and address any questions or concerns you may have. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.