Many women come to Sukkar Aesthetic Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa wishing to alter their breasts but aren’t sure which… Read More
Who is a Good Candidate for Breast Augmentation?
- Patients wishing to have larger or more symmetric breasts.
- Those with breasts that are beginning to sag or appear deflated.
- Patients with breasts not proportionate with the rest of their body structure.
- Patients who wish for their clothes to fit better and to have a more sensual shape.
Breast augmentation is performed under general anesthesia and takes approximately one hour to complete. Incisions are placed either around the areola, in the armpit, or in the lower breast crease. The breast pocket is then created in the ideal location for the type of implant being used. Implant sizers are temporarily inserted into the pocket and inflated to the appropriate size. The permanent implant is then inserted. Depending on the extent of the enhancement, the nipple and areola size will most likely increase as the breast is enlarged. To conclude your procedure, Dr. Sam Sukkar will dress you with gauze and tape, no drains being necessary.
The Recovery After Breast Augmentation
- Gauze pads will be placed on the incisions following surgery.
- One to two hours following your procedure, you can go home under the supervision of an adult who can help you with your needs for the first few days.
- You can shower the day after your surgery.
- It is normal to experience mild to moderate pain within the first two days after your procedure. This typically fades by the third day, but you can reduce discomfort with medication prescribed by Dr. Sukkar.
- For the first week, you may see mild to moderate swelling and bruising, but this should significantly lessen in the following weeks.
- The breast implants may appear higher on the chest, but they should settle into the desired positioning after three weeks have passed.
- You may need five to seven days off work, but many patients require less.
- Most activities can be resumed within the first week, and patients can typically return to their normal routine after the third week post-operative.
- Seven to ten days after the surgery, your sutures may need to be removed.
The Result From Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Increased volume and balanced appearance to the breasts.
- Natural look and feel to the breasts.
- Continued improvement as healing progresses.
Featured Breast Augmentation Photos
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you would like more information about breast augmentation, or are interested in scheduling a consultation, please contact us today!