Selecting the right breast implants can be a highly stressful part of the breast augmentation process. Many women are concerned… Read More
If you wish to enhance the size and/or shape of your breasts, you may benefit from a breast augmentation with our experienced plastic surgeon, Dr. Sam Sukkar. As one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures performed every year, breast augmentation is known for creating beautiful curves for those considered good candidates. Whether you desire a fuller bust, more symmetry between your breasts, or an improved shape, Dr. Sukkar will work closely with you to establish the best treatment plan for your aesthetic goals.
For more information about how breast augmentation can address your concerns, please contact us to schedule your consultation.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Breast Augmentation?
- Patients wishing to have larger or more symmetrical breasts.
- Those with breasts that are beginning to sag or appear deflated.
- Women who wish to restore lost breast volume after pregnancy, breastfeeding, or a major weight loss.
- Patients with breasts not proportionate with the rest of their body structure.
- Patients who wish for their clothes to fit better and to have a more sensual shape.
Types of Breast Implants
When you choose to undergo breast augmentation, Dr. Sukkar will discuss the various details of your procedure, including the different types of breast implants available. We offer both saline and silicone breast implants, each offering its own set of benefits. He will help you understand how each implant type will affect your final results to help you make a more informed decision. Depending on your anatomy and desired surgical outcome, Dr. Sukkar may recommend one over the other.
Breast augmentation is performed under general anesthesia and takes approximately one hour to complete. Incisions are placed either around the areola, in the armpit, or in the lower breast crease. The breast pocket is then created in the ideal location for the type of implant being used. Implant sizers are temporarily inserted into the pocket and inflated to the appropriate size. The permanent implant is then inserted. Depending on the extent of the enhancement, the nipple and areola size will most likely increase as the breast is enlarged. To conclude your procedure, Dr. Sukkar will dress you with gauze and tape, no drains being necessary.
The Recovery After Breast Augmentation
- Gauze pads will be placed on the incisions following surgery.
- One to two hours following your procedure, you can go home under the supervision of an adult who can help you with your needs for the first few days.
- You can shower the day after your surgery.
- It is normal to experience mild to moderate pain within the first two days after your procedure. This typically fades by the third day, but you can reduce discomfort with medication prescribed by Dr. Sukkar.
- For the first week, you may see mild to moderate swelling and bruising, but this should significantly lessen in the following weeks.
- The breast implants may appear higher on the chest, but they should settle into the desired positioning after three weeks have passed.
- You may need five to seven days off work, but many patients require less.
- Most activities can be resumed within the first week, and patients can typically return to their normal routine after the third week post-operative.
- Seven to ten days after the surgery, your sutures may need to be removed.
The Result From Breast Augmentation Surgery
As your body continues to heal from surgery, you can gradually see how your final results will look. You can expect to see the following changes in your breasts:
- Increased volume and balanced appearance to the breasts.
- Natural look and feel to the breasts.
- Continued improvement as healing progresses.
While results from breast augmentation are typically long lasting, neither saline nor silicone breast implants are meant to be lifetime devices. The lifespan of a typical implant is approximately 15 years, though this may vary. Should you notice any changes in the look or feel of your breasts, please consult with your surgeon to determine if a breast revision is necessary.
Featured Breast Augmentation Photos
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you would like more information about breast augmentation, or are interested in scheduling a consultation with our experienced plastic surgeon, please contact Sukkar Aesthetic Plastic Surgery today!