At The Clinic for Plastic Surgery, we are proud to provide the “Gold Standard” of plastic surgery to people in Houston and surrounding communities. We perform most of our plastic surgery procedures on an outpatient basis at our state licensed Ambulatory Surgery Center accredited by The Joint Commission.
- 1 our professional credentials go above and beyond many out-patient plastic surgery centers in the country.
- 2 Our Facility
- 3 choosing your plastic surgeon: your safety comes first
- 4 the joint commission accreditation: strict national standards
- 5 the join commission is theassurance of quality and safety
our professional credentials go above and beyond many out-patient plastic surgery centers in the country.
We are accredited by The Joint Commission and our entire medical team is committed to upholding stringent standards in every aspect of care when performing outpatient cosmetic surgery procedures. Our anesthesia providers are board certified and maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification.
choosing your plastic surgeon: your safety comes first
When choosing a cosmetic surgeon for a procedure, you want to have absolute faith in your surgeon, the surgery center and all of the medical professionals involved in the procedure. Dr. Sam Sukkar has established a plastic surgery practice that maintains the highest standards for patient care. The Joint Commission accreditation held by his surgery center allows patients to have complete confidence in the professional standards, from start to finish.
the joint commission accreditation: strict national standards
To gain The Joint Commission accreditation, an out-patient clinic must meet strict national standards for the following:
- SURGICAL STANDARDS
- OPERATING SAFETY
- PATIENT SAFETY
- PERSONNEL CREDENTIALS
- SURGEON CREDENTIALS
Beyond the extensive requirements associated with the professional skills and processes employed in the performance of surgical treatments, all The Joint Commission accredited facilities are required to:
- COMPLY WITH LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL REGULATIONS REGARDING BUILDING CODES, FIRE SAFETY, AND SANITATION.
- ENSURE THAT ANY SURGERY IS ONLY PERFORMED BY SURGEONS WHO CURRENTLY HAVE HOSPITAL PRIVILEGES AT AN ACCREDITED FACILITY, AND ARE APPROVED TO PERFORM THE SAME SURGICAL PROCEDURE AT THAT HOSPITAL.
- EMPLOY ADVANCED MEDICAL EQUIPMENT TO MONITOR PATIENTS DURING SURGERY AND THE RECOVERY PROCESS TO ENSURE AND MAINTAIN THE HIGHEST STANDARDS IN PATIENT SAFETY.
- SURGEONS PERFORMING THE PLASTIC SURGERY MUST EITHER BE ELIGIBLE FOR CERTIFICATION, OR CURRENTLY CERTIFIED TO PERFORM THE SPECIFIC SURGERY BY THE AMERICAN BOARD OF MEDICAL SPECIALTIES.
Many plastic surgery clinics do not meet the standards to be eligible for The Joint Commission accreditation. If you are considering a cosmetic surgery procedure, your health and safety are of the utmost importance.
You can be confident in The Clinic for Plastic Surgery, in Dr. Sukkar, and his entire team of medical professionals. The Clinic for Plastic Surgery has met the extensive criteria for accreditation from The Joint Commission, and has been rigorously inspected by the organization to confirm the clinic is maintaining the highest standards in patient safety and care.
the join commission is theassurance of quality and safety
If you are considering a procedure, you need to be confident that every precaution is being taken to protect you as a patient, and that your procedure will be undertaken with the same level of care and medical skill found at an out-patient facility of a hospital.
The costs of cosmetic surgery can come in at between a third and a half of the costs of a hospital, and the savings make clinics attractive – but ensure that the highest standards are maintained before committing to your procedure. Any surgical procedure should be performed by a qualified surgeon who adheres to the organization’s exacting criteria for treatment and care. The high costs of medical care have led many patients to seek lower-cost options. Unfortunately, many doctors are now performing surgeries that may have only been learned over a weekend course. Dr. Sam Sukkar is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.