Many women come to Sukkar Aesthetic Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa wishing to alter their breasts but aren’t sure which… Read More
If you are unhappy with the way your breasts have begun to sag or lose their shape over time, you may be a good candidate for breast lift surgery, also known as mastopexy. Our board-certified plastic surgeon, Sam M. Sukkar, MD, is experienced in a variety of surgical techniques that can lift your breasts to a more youthful position on the chest wall. When you come in for your consultation, he will determine the extent of your ptosis (drooping), and whether breast lift surgery is right for you.
To learn more about the breast lift procedure, please contact us to schedule your consultation with Dr. Sukkar.
Who is a Good Candidate for a Breast Lift?
A breast lift can rejuvenate the breasts and help give you a boost in your self-confidence. Patients who are considered good candidates for our Houston breast lift procedure typically have one or more of the following concerns:
- Those with loose breast skin that has lost its elasticity and begun to sag.
- Patients whose nipples have descended below the level of the breast crease.
- Individuals who have lost volume in their breasts.
- Those wishing to decrease the size of large nipples and areolae.
- Patients interested in achieving a more youthful breast contour.
In conjunction with your breast lift, Dr. Sukkar may recommend breast implants to help restore lost volume and ultimately achieve your desired outcome. Specific details regarding your procedure will be discussed at your consultation.
Breast Lift Techniques
Dr. Sukkar is highly skilled in different breast lift techniques, allowing him to provide beautiful results in a wide range of cases. Once he has had the chance to examine your condition, Dr. Sukkar will select the method that can optimize your result and give your new breasts the best shape possible. Below are some of the most common techniques employed:
- Crescent or mini lift: A crescent-shaped wedge of tissue is removed utilizing an incision along the top half of the areola that extends up. This is ideal for those with minimal skin laxity.
- Periareolar lift: Also called a donut or Benelli lift, this technique entails an incision made around the entire areola. Any excess breast or areola skin is removed, and the areola is elevated to a higher position on the breast. This method is often utilized for those also undergoing breast augmentation, as well as for those wishing to tighten their breast skin while reducing areolar diameter.
- “Lollipop” lift: A lollipop, or vertical, breast lift offers best results for those with moderate to severe ptosis. The technique involves making an incision around the areola and extending down to the crease beneath the breast.
- Full mastopexy: Also referred to as an inverted T-incision or anchor-shaped mastopexy, this is the most popular technique for lifting the breast when there is more severe sagging. The method involves an incision around the areola, down to the breast crease, and along the breast fold. Excess skin and tissue are then removed, while the remaining skin is tightened.
- Breast lift surgery is performed under general anesthesia and takes about three hours to complete.
- Incision placement will depend on the breast size and shape. They are typically placed either around the areola or in the breast crease.
- Breast tissue is examined to ensure no abnormalities exist.
- Excess skin is removed so the breast can be lifted to a more youthful position.
- The nipples are repositioned to a higher level, and their diameter can be reduced.
- Should increased volume be desired in addition to the lift, breast implants can be inserted at this time.
- A surgical bra will be applied upon completion of the surgery, with no drains being necessary.
The Recovery After a Breast Lift
- Patients can return home after several hours.
- Showering is allowed two days following surgery.
- Pain is mild for the first couple of days before it disappears and can be controlled with oral medication.
- Mild to moderate swelling is normal for the first week and should gradually fade.
- If bruising occurs, it is typically very mild.
- Breast shape may appear square for the first three weeks but will soon relax to a more natural, round position.
- Patients can resume most activities within the first week and should be able to return to their normal routine by three weeks.
- Most stitches will dissolve, and only a few will need removal.
- Typically, patients require five to seven days off work.
The Result from a Breast Lift
- Elevated breasts that appear more full and shapely.
- Natural-looking outcome that continues to improve with healing.
- Rejuvenated breast shape that settles into its new position over the course of three to six months.
Featured Breast Lift Photos
Schedule Your Consultation Today
Dr. Sukkar utilizes different lifting techniques to help you obtain one of the best breast lift Houston has to offer. He helps you achieve your desired aesthetic outcome and encourages anyone considering a breast lift surgery to schedule a consultation to learn about their options and how the procedure can help them reach their goals. Contact Sukkar Aesthetic Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa to schedule your appointment!