Who is a Good Candidate for a Face Lift?
- Patients with loose, sagging facial skin, especially of the jowls and on the neck.
- Those with a double chin that has resulted from loose skin.
- Patients with fatty deposits in such areas as the cheeks, jowls, or neck.
- Patients with sunken, deflated-looking cheeks.
- The surgery takes approximately three to five hours, and you will be placed under local or general anesthesia.
- The incision is made around the ear with the goal of being as inconspicuous as possible, by extending it along the natural crease and within the hairline.
- Excess skin is removed, as well as fat, especially under the chin.
- Sagging facial skin is then lifted and tightened to appear more youthful.
- Deep layer surgery is performed (SMAS) to lift the underlying tissue for enhanced results that last longer.
- Small drains are put in place to aid healing and are removed the following day.
- A large dressing will be applied for the first day but is removed the day after surgery.
- Face lift surgery can be combined with other procedures, such as an eye lift or forehead lift.
The Recovery After a Face Lift
- Patients can return home several hours after surgery.
- You can shower two days after your procedure.
- Pain is typically minimal and can be controlled with medication. It should mostly subside within two to three days.
- Mild bruising and mild to moderate swelling are common but should both rapidly fade after the first week.
- Makeup can be worn three to four days post-surgery, at which time most patients feel comfortable in public again.
- Much of your daily routine can be resumed within the first week, and you can go back to most activities by the three week point.
- Some stitches will be removed after four days, and the remainder of them will be taken out at three weeks.
- Patients can typically go back to work within the first seven to ten days.
The Result From a Face Lift
- Natural, rejuvenated appearance that looks more youthful.
- Long-lasting results that improve your overall facial aesthetic.
- Subtle improvement without looking overdone.
- Results will continue to improve for six to nine months.
Featured Patient Photos
Click here to see our Facelift Before and After photos.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you have any questions regarding face lift surgery, or are interested in scheduling a consultation with Dr. Sam M. Sukkar, please contact us today!
Dr. Sukkar’s office in Houston, Texas is conveniently located near the following: